Three more people have been confirmed to have died as a result of Covid-19 in Lincolnshire’s hospitals.
It takes the total up to four in the county after the first death reported on Friday, that of a woman in her 80s.
The latest confirmed deaths were aged between 65 and 80 and all had underlying health problems, said the United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust which runs Pilgrim Hospital in Boston and County Hospital in Lincoln as well as Grantham and Louth hospitals.
A spokesperson for ULHT said: “Sadly we can confirm that three further patients who were being cared for in our hospitals, and had tested positive for COVID-19, have died.
“The patients were all women between the ages of 65 and 80 and all had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult and distressing time.”
Public Health England says that as of 9am yesterday, 72 people had been confirmed to have contracted the virus in Lincolnshire.
In their most recent update, Queen Elizabeth II announced two more patients had died when confirmed to have had the virus on Thursday.
Caroline Shaw, Chief Executive for QEH, said: “We can confirm that sadly, a female patient in her late 60s and a male patient aged in his 70s who both had underlying health conditions passed away at QEH on Thursday 26 March.
“They had tested positive for COVID-19.
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the families and loved ones at this difficult time.”