A mixed bag for Long Sutton teams

LSHC Mens’ First 2
Cambridge South 2nds 2

The first game of the season saw the mens’ 1st secure a well earned point away at Cambridge South.
The game was end to end action, with both teams taking chances, but falling short of results.
South opened the score line with a quick counter attack, leading to a tap-in at the back post.
Sutton dug deep to bounce back. A venomous Brad Sargeant strike connecting with Daniel Plant for a wicked deflection which pleasantly surprised Plant and bewildered the keeper.
It would be a perfectly timed debut goal for Frazer Watt to push Sutton ahead.
South then pushed the defensive lines further back grabbing an equalizer.

LSHC Mens’ Second 5
Kettering 2nds 0

Sutton were a little bit rusty but started to play their way into the game.
It was no surprise when Sutton scored, a well worked short corner routine finished off by Fox.
This became two when Will Taylor took six Kettering players out of the game with a pass to Daniel Batten who turned and lobbed the keeper and last defender in one movement – a goal of exquisite quality.
Taylor then provided for Ed White to score a precise reverse finish and it was 3-0 at half time.
The second half started and Batten scored his second of the day after great work from Taylor and a dummy from Alex Canham left him a delicate deflection.
This was followed by the final goal with Canham lobbing the keeper from the top of the D to make the final score 5-0.

LSHC Ladies’ Second 1
St Ives 4th 4

A great start with Long Sutton having possession and running rings round St Ives.
In the first ten minutes St Ives were given a penalty flick but the goalkeeper saved it with ease.
St Ives couldn’t get past the Sutton defence and the ball was crossed to score the first goal of the season.
With two minutes to go in the first half St Ives manage to get past the defence and score.
The second half started strong but with the heat Sutton started to struggle and St Ives gained possession of the ball and banged two more goal in.
One of the Sutton players had to leave the field, taking them down to ten players and St Ives managed to score again.
The game finished 4-1.
Annabelle Giles was named player of the match for great positioning and asking for the ball.

Leave a Reply