Visitors will be allowed back in the Johnson Hospital in Spalding from Wednesday (July 1).
Since lockdown began, family and friends have been unable to see patients staying at the hospital.
But under new guidance one visitor per patient will be allowed in to the hospital so long as they’ve pre-booked.
A maximum of two visitors will also only be allowed in one hospital bay.
Today (Monday) Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust announced the measures for all it’s hospitals including County Hospital in Louth, John Coupland Hospital in Gainsborough and Skegness Hospital.
In line with national guidance and to minimise the risk of transmitting the coronavirus, all visitors to community hospitals will be expected to:
- Wear a new, appropriate face covering on arrival at the hospital and not to touch their face or mouth during their visit. Free face coverings will be available on arrival for visitors who do not have one.
- Clean their hands on arrival to the hospital entrance using the hand sanitiser provided.
- Follow all temporary floor markings to safely guide them around the hospital site
- Remain behind any screens to protect patients and visitors
- Follow social distancing guidelines between them and patients, visitors and hospital staff
- Remove their face covering on leaving the hospital and dispose of it safely using the bins provided.
The trust says: ” The visiting guidelines will be reviewed and updated in line with any future published government guidance.”
Tracy Pilcher, deputy chief executive of Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust (LCHS) and Director of Nursing, Allied Health Professionals and Operations said:
“I’d like to thank patients and their loved ones for their support during the lockdown when visiting was suspended for all but those patients with end of life conditions.
“It’s very positive news that we are now able to reopen Community Hospital visiting.
“We ask for patients families and friends to support our safety first approach by booking a time slot to ensure we can maintain effective social distancing and minimise the risk of spreading coronavirus to often very vulnerable people receiving our care.”
To book a visit at Johnson Hospital call 01775 652 000 and ask for the Welland Ward clerk.
To book an appointment at County Hospital, Louth call Archer Ward and Assessment Centre on 01507 600 100 ext 1345 or 1311, for John Coupland Hospital, Gainsborough call 01427 816500 or for Skegness Hospital call 01754 762401 and ask for the Gloucester Ward or Scarborough Ward clerk.