GOAL: Moulton Harrox Reserves' Declan Earth. Photo by KEN SMITH

PDFL round-up: Buoyant Sutton Bridge go second, Crowland win again, Long Sutton hit for double figures

Sutton Bridge United kept their fine form in ChromaSport PDFL Division Five as they edged past Hampton 3-2 on Saturday.

It’s four wins from five for them, but they sit second behind free-scoring Langtoft United on goal difference.

Kurt Scott, Joseph Sutton and Matthew Wayman got the goals for Bridge, who are starting again at the bottom of the PDFL pyramid this season.

Also in Division Five, Holbeach Bank slipped to a 4-1 home defeat against NECI Reserves. George Smith grabbed their goal.

Up in the Premier Division, Crowland Town impressed again as they beat hosts ICA Sports 3-1 to go third in the table.

Trailling 1-0 at the break, second-half goals from Danny Firth, Chris Winstanley and Jake Woodward steered them to a fourth win from five games.

There was an entertaining clash at Carter’s Park as Holbeach United Reserves battled back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 with Cardea.

Jordan Keeble netted before the break, with Fenn Storey’s second-half double clinching a point.

It was, however, a nightmare afternoon for Long Sutton Athletic as they lost 10-1 at Netherton United.

In Division One, goals from Declan Earth and Rob Holcombe couldn’t stop Moulton Harrox Reserves losing 8-2 at Wittering Premiair.

Pinchbeck United Reserves also lost 3-1 at Warboys Town despite Rowan Woodward’s goal.

Crowland Town Reserves bucked the losing trend by seeing off Eunice Huntingdon 2-0 thanks to Ryan Long and Jason Lythgoe, while Tydd drew 1-1 at PNS Reserves to get their first point of the season.

Bradley Easey got their all-important goal.
In Division Two, Holbeach United Sports thrashed Hampton 5-2 with Jack

Cunningham (2), Harry Collishaw, Joshua Ling and Charlie Parkes scoring.
Long Sutton Reserves, meanwhile, lost 2-1 at home to Glinton and Northborough.

In Division Three, Tydd Reserves were beaten 4-1 at home by Dreams, while in Division Four Long Sutton A were beaten 4-2 at Cambridge FC.

Leave a Reply