Worldwide Fruits was among those tasting success last week as it was named Business of the Year at the South Holland Business Awards.
Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce’s annual celebration of the district’s entrepreneurial bright sparks returned in glittering style at Springfields Events Centre on Thursday, November 15.
More than 150 businesses attended the sixth running of the event hosted by BBC Radio Lincolnshire’s Melvyn Prior.
The full list of award winners is:
- Supporting the Community Award – Tonic Health
- Customer Care Award – Long Sutton Dentistry
- Business Innovation Award – Crowtree Wigwams
- Apprentice of the Year – Oliver Horne
- The Phil Scarlett Memorial Award – David and Susan Norton
- New Business of the Year – Sergi’s Tapas Bar
- Small Business of the Year- Molsom and Associates Limited
- Food, Drink and Farming – The National Centre for Food Manufacturing
- Business Person of the Year – Peter Issitt of Crowland Cranes
- Business of the Year- – Worldwide Fruits
Simon Beardsley, chief executive of Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce, said:“Firstly, I’d like to take this opportunity, on behalf of myself, the Chamber and the judging panel to thank our winners, finalists and all of our applicants for taking the time to put together a submission.
“We’re proud of all the winners and finalists, and we’re honoured to provide a platform for them to shout about their success.
“Although the judging was particularly difficult this year, with the introduction of two new categories, we have been extremely impressed with the high standard of applications, demonstrating the wide variety of skills, expertise and work being achieved across the district.
“Finally, a huge thank you to our headline sponsors PSP IT Design and Development and this event just wouldn’t be possible without the generosity and support of all of our sponsors. Here’s to 2019.”